Tuesday, August 16, 2011

What's for Dinner is Now What's for Lunch!

Little Man's first day of school was fantastic! There was no hesitation. There was no crying. No crying! What does this all mean?! He is growing up so fast and is so brave. Mama did good too. As we said our good byes, he headed off with his new teacher to find a project to work on and I spied through the one way window for a few minutes=).

Love the fact that this school will put all the kids lunches in the refrigerator so I don't need to put a cold pack in this lunch bag. Before school started I was a bit bummed when I found out we had to buy a school lunch bag. It's color coded based on their class level. I was for sure thinking the lunch bags were the ones that require you to put the containers in vertically, essentially spilling all the food around in it. I was happy to find out the lunch boxes are just like the EasyLunchBoxes.com.

Another thing I love about the school is the carpool line for drop-off and pick-up. I just pull up and they put him in his car seat and we're off! I don't have to wake up baby and pull him out of the car only to put him back in it 2 minutes later. I hope you mamas with 2+ kiddos have this option!


Ok so back to the subject at hand. Little Man had chicken quesadilla for dinner but only ate 1/2 so, guess what's for lunch? Quesadillas! Our local grocery store makes these tortillas in-store. LOVE fresh tortillas! Especially the butter flavored ones. The chicken I used was the roasted chicken they usually have in the deli. Yum!




More veggies on skewers since he seemed to like them from the previous lunch. Loading him up on grapes and a couple of raspberries. He came home super thirsty. For desert, 3 mini Oreos and a vanilla filled cracker. The container I'm using today is the LunchBots  system.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

So do you have issues with Asa or the teachers throwing away the silicone muffin holders or the tooth picks? I have only been using paper muffin cups b/c I know they will not make it home. She threw away the containers that went with one of her bento boxes, hated that.