Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy New Year! The Year of the Rabbit

Happy New Year!  Today is Lunar New Year and it happens to be the year of the Rabbit.  I just learned this morning that in Chinese it's the year of the Rabbit while in Vietnamese it's the year of the Cat.  Go figure. 

This lunch was way too cute to not make for Little Man today even though he doesn't have preschool and his nanny was here.  They had a nice time at the park so I thought I'd whip up a cute little lunch for him when they got back.




As you can see, the Rabbit is today's theme!  I made quesadilla with cheddar cheese and a whole wheat tortilla.  After it cooled down I cut it with a rabbit shape cutter.  Then I added cheese eyes and mouth.  I made smaller sized rabbits as well as cheddar cheese rabbits.  He had fun picking the eyes and mouths off the rabbits and asked why they were winking at him.  I also wanted to add some protein so I cut up some turkey slices and speared them on little rabbit food picks.  For fruit we have a clementine and blueberries on rabbit food picks.  For dessert, it's a bite size oatmeal chocolate chip cookie from Trader Joe's which is fantastic!  I can probably eat the whole container.  Surprisingly, he ate his entire lunch today!!!  Mission accomplished!


No comments: