Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Week 4 Day 2 - Pasta Salad

Baby #2 arrived on Sunday at 3:10 AM and we got home from the hospital Monday evening.  Spent all Saturday, Sunday and most of Monday in the hospital and probably had a total of 5 hours of sleep.  The hospital we delivered at had 4 labor and delivery rooms.  It was just our luck that all 4 rooms were taken when we were ready.  We had to wait for over 2 hours to get a room which was fine since it gave me a chance to get some sleep.  Still, I was exhausted!  Glad that experience is over with.

On Tuesday, I did end up packing him a lunch for school but I was way too exhausted to snap a photo of it.  I made a pocket sandwich with sunbutter and jam (love this combo when I'm in a pinch) and some fruit and apple sauce.  I do want to share with you this pocket sandwich maker I found called Krust Buster.  I accidentally found it while looking for a Japanese pocket sandwich maker and a toast stamper.  It's pretty much a combination of both tools.  Love the Krust Buster!  You can make sandwiches ahead of time and freeze it (I haven't tried yet).

Anyhow, for lunch today we have pasta salad.  It's actually 'Suddenly Pasta Salad' that I've added baby plum tomatoes, cucumbers, sliced olives, mini pepperoni and feta cheese to.  There's a baby plum tomato on a mini veggie pick for him to use to eat the pasta.  Although I doubt this will happen.  We have 3 Ritz crackers with cheddar cheese animal cut outs and yogurt covered raisins.  For fruit I have sliced oranges and blueberries on food picks.  I threw in a few pretzels too.  I doubt he will eat all this but at least there is a variety and hopefully he will eat some of everything.  These Easy Lunch containers are a bit big for preschooler portions in my opinion so perhaps I shall look for other container options.


I had a little time before my next feeding with baby #2 so was able to do this blog.  Hopefully I will be able to keep up.  Husband is able to help out this week and is mainly in charge of older brother so we'll see how it goes when we get in a regular routine on our own.  I'm exhausted so good night!

No comments: